In the realms of private life, one may face events that may have consequences on personal life or property. To this end, we offer services tailored to our private clients’ challenges, ranging from estates & trusts to tax aspects of family and private client law.
Our services include counsel and assistance before relevant jurisdictions, for instance:
- Terms to include in the PACS (French civil unions) or the most appropriate matrimonial regime based on the professions of future spouses or ways in which the situation is bound to evolve,
- The law applicable to agreements involving families (residential leases, loans, security deposits, rights of a spouse/business associate, etc.) and to assets (stock-options, life insurance, shares, corporate current account, redundancy compensation, family residence) or to liabilities (consumer credit, real estate loans, co-ownership charges), belonging to or mandatory for cohabitants or spouses based on their respective matrimonial regimes,
- What is at stake in terms of liquidating and sharing of marital property in the event of a divorce,
- Establishing SCI (property investment partnership) in the acquisition and transfer of real estate property particularly in the case of mixed families,
- Using co-ownership agreements in order to avoid the sale of property in the context of an unfavourable real estate market conditions or dividing up real estate assets in to organise their transfer,
- Establishing charities or patronage programmes,
- Optimising inheritance administration under friendly or hostile conditions.
We offer the services of seasoned practitioners accustomed to advising on complex and sensitive family matters.